Director of Accounting and Finance
Compensation: $117,900.00 - $200,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
The purpose of this role will be to direct the ongoing compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, practices and procedures for the community in conjunction with the Life Care Services accounting standards. The Director assists the Foundation Board of Directors with the management of the Foundation budget and investments. This position represents the community in reporting financial topics before Residents, Board Finance Committee, and Board of Directors.
Salary range for this position is between $80,000 to $100,000; plus bonus.
What you need to know
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching, evaluating and management of the Accounting Department staff.
- Oversee the collection and recording of all pertinent financial data and transactions for both Westminster Village and the Village Foundation.
- Reports to the Executive Director and maintains a working relationship with the Board of Directors in the role of Director of Finance.
- Recommends policies, procedures and objectives relating to the accounting and finance functions to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for conformance with GAAP, financial reporting, financial records and administration.
- Responsible for banking; including relationship with banker for operating accounts, investment banker, trustee, and investment manager and adviser.
- Ensures monthly financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow and any other special reports) are completed and distributed by the 10th of each month.
- Assists the Executive Director and other key staff members in the development of operating and capital budgets, providing and/or coordinating necessary training.
- Coordinates risk management reviews with LCS resources making appropriate recommendations to management and the Board regarding appropriate insurance coverage.
What we are looking for
- Experience as an accounting supervisor or manager or other leadership position
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or master's degree in accounting
- CPA certification preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of accounting systems; Journal Entries, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, and General Ledger
- Knowledgeable of GAAP, laws, regulations and guidelines
- Proficient with PC based programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety of stakeholders, including residents, Board of Directors, community groups, and government agencies
- Ability to effectively lead staff members and to work cooperatively across departments as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation
Travel Frequency: 10%
Associated topics: associate director, finance director, financial director, general manager, general operations manager, operation, organizational culture, president finance, recruit, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...