- TMC Environmental
- $77,560.00 -97,090.00/year*
30 Sunset Ct
WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
* We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
* We've successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
* Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
* An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Lab Pack Chemist to join our growing team!
The Lab-Pack Chemist is responsible for identifying, characterizing, segregating and packaging waste in accordance with DOT, EPA, and RCRA standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure health and safety compliance on all assigned projects
* Manage all phases of hazardous waste disposal of hazardous waste generated on assigned projects including hazard categorization, manifesting, disposal, and reporting.
* Complete chemical identification, segregation, packing, profiling, and transporter arrangement of all hazardous waste for internal and external clientele.
* Ensure total customer satisfaction on all jobs
* Build relationships with key members of various regulatory agencies and participate in meetings and symposiums whenever possible.
* Oversee the work of subcontractors and verify that work is completed as scheduled.
* Correct completion of all NRC paperwork and project documentation including accurate recording of time worked, Daily work reports, Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms, Hazardous Waste Manifest, Profiles, Bill of Lading, and Notes/Incident Action Logbook.
* Ability to identify, record, and communicate critical project information to superiors and handle emergency situations in an effective manner.
* Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards/requirements along with accurate completion of Health & Safety documents including proper accident/injury reporting.
* Ensure that assigned equipment is maintained and operated in compliance with all regulatory laws and safety requirements.
* Lead crew for Household Hazardous Waste events in New England.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills)
* Minimum 2 years of equipment mechanical experience.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in the environmental 'hazardous waste industry.
* Possesses current OSHA, DOT AND EPA training certificates.
* Ability to communicate well with all levels of management and subordinates in order to effectively accomplish general goals of the Operations program.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required including negotiation, persuasive, leadership and supervision skills, and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Current OSHA, and HM 181 / 126 DOT driver training; 8 hour OSHA supervisor certification and confined space supervisor training preferred.
* Must maintain a MVR that meets company standards.
* Other endorsements/certifications may be required for specific jobs.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: chemical, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...