As the Specialist, you are responsible to support the management team to perform functional tasks as assigned; guiding work while supporting a positive store environment. Specialists will act as a mentor and role model to other associates to support service behaviors and the execution of tasks in specific areas of expertise. You contribute to a high performing team and consistently deliver a best-in-class customer experience. This role will be focused on connecting with employees and customers to ultimately assist in achieving store performance goals; including meeting the sales budget, building market share, as well as other Company-wide defined goals. As an important part of the Sales Associate team, you will reinforce performance expectations by role modeling behaviors and communicating how to achieve the Brand Vision and achieve or exceed the goals / strategies of the store.
* Guides processes and completes work based on management direction for functional areas within the store * Ensures the consistency of operational processes and execution * Assists the management team to achieve performance goals and execute standard operating procedures * Contributes to the creation of an effortless service culture, delivering best in class, on-brand experiences, exceeding customer expectations, building loyalty and ultimately increasing market share to drive our profitable top line growth * Upholds the commitments to the company's processes, values and Code of Business Conduct
* Supports the store management to ensure work tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner * Executes initiatives designed to drive customer satisfaction and business efficiencies * Provides support in execution of marketing and visual presentation to promote sales * Reads communications and interacts with store management to be knowledgeable of all current initiatives, priorities and business metrics * Serve as a Brand Ambassador to achieve priorities in store, with customer as the primary focus * Mentor and train individuals; provides on the job training to associates sharing a higher level of knowledge of product and processes * Takes action based upon direction from Leader on Duty and collaborates effectively with employees * Build expertise in assigned specialized functional area * Guide work activities during the day, inclusive of before and after normal store operating hours when a manager may not be present * Support Leader on Duty activities during non-peak hours, by exception * May support completion of work processes before or after the store closes * May open or close the store
* Drives Results - demonstrated ability to personally achieve and support others to drive results * Collaboration & Influencing - responds to employees and customers to provide assistance; helping where a need is identified * Trust & Honesty - Acts in line with values and guiding principles * Customer Impact - Has responded to customers with a sense of urgency and utilized a basic understanding of customer behaviors to identify when a customer may need additional assistance * Demonstrated interest and initiative to develop skills and improve capabilities * Team-oriented, approachable, respectful and is looked up to as a role model of the brand
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred * 1-2 years of retail experience preferred with a minimum of 6 months Gap Inc. experience * Key holder experience preferred * Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs. * Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
This job profile intends to describe the general nature and level of work. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.