- Sanborn, Head & Associates
- $74,170.00 -100,130.00/year*
30 Sunset Ct
Sanborn Head is seeking Civil or Environmental Engineer to join our Burlington, VT office. We offer our staff members opportunities to work on challenging, fast-paced, and exciting projects that facilitate professional growth and development. We offer a team-oriented, dynamic, and rewarding work environment with competitive wages and benefits. We promote employee involvement in professional and business organizations and support individuals seeking licensure. At Sanborn Head, we are passionate about our profession, our commitment to Client service, and our dedication to providing opportunities for growth and advancement of our outstanding staff.
Qualified candidates should be talented, dedicated and self-motivated, have 0-2 years experience and possess a Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail are essential. Preference will be given to candidates with an EIT/FE certification, solid waste and geotechnical engineering experience, civil/site design experience, and/or proficient AutoCAD Civil 3D skills.
The Civil Engineer position involves a combination of office and field work. Examples of responsibilities include:
* Use engineering software to prepare calculations supporting: (i) stormwater management, hydrology, and drainage designs; (ii) slope stability evaluations; (iii) and landfill designs;
* Assist senior engineers in preparing design, permitting, and construction documents;
* Prepare, read and interpret design drawings and calculations;
* Use AutoCAD Civil 3D as a design tool to: (i) prepare engineering drawings and related graphics; (ii) perform calculations; and (iii) integrate with other engineering software;
* Monitor and document construction activities;
* Perform geotechnical evaluations, environmental sampling and data analysis, including the collection of air, water and soil samples, and in-situ testing of these media; and
* Prepare technical reports and other documents.
Successful candidates must have a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record. Successful candidates may be requested to attend and pass First Aid and CPR training, Nuclear Gauge Safety training, OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training, and annual 8-hr HAZWOPER refresher training. Additional training opportunities are available depending on project needs.
A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Sanborn Head is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Associated topics: building code, civil, construction, department of transportation, foundation design, land, microstation, road, roadway, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...