Call Joyce @ 203-###-#### cell
Join our growing company and core IT team as a DevOps Engineer. If you have an obsessive focus on automation and metrics, building repeatable solutions and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, we should talk.
Responsibilities include: build and release engineering, continuous integration, continuous testing, internal tooling and platform automation, and production performance monitoring and improvements.
DevOps Engineers are critical to building the next generation of products and performance. You will be given responsibility for the end-to-end deployment pipeline of a key technology platform and will be working with software developers, QA & system engineers to deliver secure services with maximum uptime. You will be responsible for deploying industry-standard automation and monitoring tools to highly visible products and implementing fully-automated continuous delivery solutions. DevOps Engineers need to collect meticulous data throughout the software development lifecycle and provide optimizations that allow for step-function improvement of engineering team productivity.
- Design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Thoroughly document operational practices and procedures
- Pair with development and QA teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- Develop agile SaaS infrastructure using best practices such as \"infrastructure as code\" and automated environment provisioning
- Reduce operational costs through service optimizations and demand-based auto-scaling
- Automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, OpenShift and Kubernetes.
- Work with cross-functional business teams to understand requirements and other performance SLAs
- Develop instrumentation to monitor the health of software services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
- BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem using products such as EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Elastic Beanstalk etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- Experience with continuous integration, testing and deployment. Experience with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo CI, Docker, etc.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts. Experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, OpsWorks, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Ansible, or Salt
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle. Experience with version managment and ticketing systems such as Git, SVN and Jira.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization with tools like New Relic, Zenoss, Sensu, Nagios, Graphite, Collectd, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL).
- Proficient in high-level scripting languages such as Ruby and Python and script environments like Bash
- Hands on coding and familiarity required with skills in RESTful web services, JSON and XML.
- Able and willing to work in a team environment and adopt a culture of ownership and initiative, and promote such within the team.
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are in a geographically dispersed environment (conference calls, Skype, face-to-face)
- A desire to automate yourself out of a job. We will always have new challenges and problems to solve.
- 4+ years of experience with MySQL, Ruby, Bash, Capistrano, Jenkins, Puppet, New Relic and Nagios.
- 2+ years of experience with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- 2+ years of experience including software development, Unix systems administration, and cloud-based application management
- 4+ years with application servers and containers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, WebLogic, etc.
- 4+ leading efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm
- provided by Dice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...