Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
Role will be based in Denver, CO or Austin, TX or Vienna, VA
As a Representative in NetApp's Sales function, you are responsible for selling NetApp's Products and Data Management Services to new and existing NetApp customers, as well as maintaining positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. Your overall focus areas will be in prospecting, developing business, responding to RFP's, developing proposals for presentation to customers, and selling products and services. Cross-functional teams from NetApp's Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals. You will utilize your excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
The essential responsibilities of the Sales Representatives are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees. Specific areas of responsibility include:
* Primary responsibility to focus on Air Force installations in the central and western part of the US
* Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; develop new selling relationships within value-added partners.
* Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other NetApp sales team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify opportunities.
* Determine if customer has a valid need for NetApp products and services.
* Propose an evaluation test project to enable the customer to test products in their own environment.
* Determine acceptance criteria that a customer could use to determine the success of an evaluation test project.
* Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
* Respond to RFP's and follow up with customer.
* Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need.
* Build and strengthen your business relationship with customers within existing accounts. Ensure that their needs are being met.
* Recommend marketing strategies.
* Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
* Provide, or facilitate, training opportunities for your accounts.
* Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
* 3+ years calling on the United States Air Force Customer base with strong understanding of USAF contracting processes
* Solid history of strong partnering with NetApp's key channel partners
* Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
* Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions
As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, you will apply experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways. You will also be responsible a specific geographical install base and medium to large accounts either with own account responsibility or as a team.
* 8+ years of technology sales
* A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science; or related field experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.