- $76,860.00 -114,210.00/year*
30 Sunset Ct
MyWebGrocer is looking for database administration, and development professional on our database team. Focus on optimizing database systems for performance and reliability. You will actively work across teams, supporting Agile development efforts, our customers, and systems.
* Administer and oversee the maintenance of SQL Server and other databases.
* Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
* Query optimization and tuning. Read, analyze, interpret and respond to execution plans by creating supporting DB objects and make/recommend specific optimization/refactoring changes.
* Provide database performance analysis resulting in specific actionable recommendations.
* Work with development and operations staff to understand their database needs. Develop solutions where needed and assist developers when appropriate.
* Assist in monitoring and maintaining all production and non-production databases.
* Install new DBMS software, application software, and other software related to DBMS administration. Perform acceptance testing.
* Monitor SQL Server Jobs.
* Support and promote standards and policies for the secure and efficient use of sensitive information.
* Execute project plans; communicate progress and obstacles effectively to stakeholders.
* Import and export data using DTS, SSIS packages.
* Develop reports as well as perform ad hoc data reporting.
* Develop and test T-SQL Scripts.
* Test patches before deploying on production servers.
* Assist in database upgrades.
* Assist testing backup/restore procedures and disaster recovery plans.
* Work as a team member with product management, development, support, documentation, training and sales departments. Provide input, during project estimation, design, development, QA and deployment phases.
* Participate in database code reviews to assure accuracy and adherence to standards.
* Practice 100% usage of Source Code Control.
* Complete other work requirements or tasks that are requested by management when necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the department or company.
* Bachelor's in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combined education and experience.
* Minimum of 3 years professional experience with database monitoring, administration, maintenance and reporting.
* Hands-on SQL Server 2008 and 2012 administration experience; knowledge of standard SQL Server tools.
* Proven ability within the database performance and query optimization arena.
* Strong SQL, T-SQL, and DTS/SSIS package skills.
* A self starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability and flexibility to perform a number of database tasks at one time unsupervised.
* Experience with Mongo DB, EventStore, and ElasticSearch a plus.
* Ability to be on call 24/7/365 to sustain availability and SLA.
* Attention to detail is critical.
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data center, data manager, database, erp, hbase, mongo database administrator, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...