- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Healthcare - Allied Health
471 Walnut St
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Work Schedule: Flex hours offered, 8 hour schedule options between Monday and Friday include 7:30AM-4:00PM, 8:00AM-4:30 PM OR 8:30AM-5:00PM May require additional hours to complete assigned work or as required for department/institute operations. Additional hours may be necessary particularly during Fiscal Year End period (before and after September 30th) and during testing, implementation, and support of system upgrades and enhancements.
Remote Work: 1 day per week after 6 months of employment. 20% Remote / 80% On-site.
* Responsible for applying diagnostic and procedural codes to patient health information for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing.
* Works as a liaison to physicians in order to obtain medical information required for diagnosis and procedure coding
* Assists in staff training, educational sessions, and participates in team meetings as requested by management
* Effectively abstracts pertinent information from outpatient records and assigns codes utilizing 3M
* Knowledge of ICD-9 CM, CPT, HCPCS Codes
* Collaborates with Patient Accounting to solve denials, billing, and coding issues
* Conducts effective audits as requested by management
* Bachelors degree or minimum 2+ years of experience.
* CCS/CPC certification required.
* Should have the ability to be a dependable self-starter, able set priorities, manage multiple data needs, and meet appropriate deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and organizational skills.
* Able to work well independently on a team and as a trainer/facilitator.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Associated topics: authorization, billing, clinical documentation specialist, coder, collection, collector, hospital transcriptionist, medical coding, medicare, transcription medical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...