Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Lead Technical Architect to join our Core Platform Product group in Burlington, VT.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
The Lead Technical Architect is responsible for developing the technology vision and designing comprehensive solutions that meet non-functional (e.g. performance, security, and operational considerations) and functional requirements in support of a given initiative. The Lead Technical Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architects technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and performs technology evaluations. The Technical Architect will work closely with engineering teams and the Release Train Architect in all aspects of the job.
The Lead Technical Architect will play a leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generation architecture and engineering capabilities, including but not limited to:
* Building Cloud Native applications leveraging AWS services * Leveraging continuous delivery tools * Applying a Services First approach to building applications * Using event- or messaging-based architectures * Delivering multi-tenant applications
Technologies we use:
* Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology * Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries * Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project teams to realize them * Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance, security, operational concerns) and participates in the development of conceptual architecture * Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure * Recommends options for the resolution/prevention of technical debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation * Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical development, and where possible, makes recommendations for improvement * Contributes performance, security, and operational items to backlog of development team. * Provides technical guidance and oversight, acts as a point of escalation and serves as a technical expert on projects * Documents and communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders * Mentors Engineering team members on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance * Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems * Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs * Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team * Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education * 5 years of working experience as a practicing architect * Working experience in technology delivery, especially in AWS and internet environments * Working experience with relevant operating system environments * Working experience as a Technical Architect * Working experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software implementations with design and hands-on development using open-source based frameworks * Working experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments * Working experience with relevant SQL & noSQL database technologies
What We Look For:
* Experience in the implementation of design and architectural processes in an Enterprise Agile environment. * Strong Java skills * Experience with Amazon AWS technologies, both IaaS and PaaS, * Experience with devops tools and culture. * Willingness to occasionally travel to other Cox Automotive offices (1 x quarter). * Strong presentation and communication skills
Associated topics: .net, architect, back end, design pattern, expert, java, php, project architect, software architect, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.