This is an Underwriting Associate position within the Eastern Underwriting Center. The commercial express underwriting associate will be responsible for handling an assigned portfolio of property & casualty renewals generating account premiums less than $50,000. This person will serve as their producers' first point of contact for change requests, general service inquires, and endorsements emanating from the automatic renewal process. This position will also be responsible for the underwriting of endorsement requests received an assigned portfolio of business.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Timely adherence to the Automatic Renewal work flow.
* Timely response to producer inquiries relative to the Automatic Renewal process.
* Gather and analyze change requests then complete the endorsement book/issue instructions as necessary.
* Gather and analyze adequate and accurate account specific information to facilitate the non-Automatic Renewal endorsement underwriting decision. Refer all non-Automatic Renewal endorsement requests to appropriate Underwriter for sign-off and approval.
* Adhere to all jurisdictional compliance documentation standards and ensure all underwriting documentation is complete.
The ideal candidate must have basic PC navigation skills including knowledge of Windows XP, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as mathematical aptitude. Demonstrate strong business acumen and critical thinking skills which lead to confident decision making. Ability to learn quickly, prioritizes work, and performs within time constraints. Strong time and desk management skills will aid the candidate in meeting or exceed the established Commercial Express business goals.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Prior commercial underwriting experience; Basic Knowledge of Commercial Underwriting principles and policy forms is preferred.
It is our preference to house the job in New Jersey.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.