- $106,390.00 -159,250.00/year*
51 School Rd
US Citizen or Green Card Holder Only
Ambitious, dynamic professionals working toward their goals find inspiration in careers with the Chubb. We draw on worldwide talent to create and develop our outstanding and diverse workforce. With our broad range of career opportunities, culture of excellence and remarkable growth potential, we attract professionals with the intellectual firepower and flexibility to respond with creative solutions to the needs of our customers. We're a company that makes things happen and we enjoy working with individuals who thrive on extraordinary projects and remarkable results. As a growing and dynamic force in the Property and Casualty business, our diversified range of products and services is making an impact. Join us and work with a dedicated team in an environment that supports your efforts and rewards you for a job well done. Chubb is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream, and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development. Details of this position follow :
The ETL Developer will design, develop, implement, maintain, and support data quality, data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives for the Information Delivery team. This position requires a diverse set of technical skills, leadership skills, and knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience on a large scale multi-tiered data warehouse, with hands-on design and construction of warehouse and mart components.
The primary application to be supported is Atlas, Chubbs North American data warehouse for premium, claims, and reinsurance information. To support this application, responsibilities include data source identification, data analysis, data profiling, technical design and specifications, work estimations, coding, testing and implementation. This position will work with and direct the work being performed by off-shore resources. Candidate must have Informatica expertise as well as advanced SQL skills. Experience with either DB2 or Netezza is also required, preference is Netezza. Exposure to Unix, Autosys, Unitech, Cognos, MSAS, PERL, etc. is a plus. Understanding of insurance data is highly desired.
Specific responsibilities are :
- Establish work estimates based on business requirements through participation in project feasibility, scoping, and estimating activities.
- Work with Information architect and other ETL Developers to develop high/low level designs and technical specifications that can be accurately executed by onshore and offshore outsourced resources.
- Serve as technical lead for projects, enhancements, and production. Provide direction, leadership, and mentorship to offshore ETL resources to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Validate accuracy/quality of code of others. Ensure technical specifications are met.
- Provide hands-on design, development and testing for the most complex work.
- Coordinate/lead production implementations to ensure smooth and quality releases.
- Facilitate delivery of new warehouse sources/tables/marts, etc. while leveraging existing designs/code for consistency and standards.
- Ensure Chubbs investment in technology is consistent with business objectives; develop solutions and processes that solve business problems.
- Provide direction and guidance for the tuning of existing code. Recommend improvements and direct work effort to achieve desired results.
- Collaborate with domain experts, product owners, and management to achieve results.
- Explain complex technical subjects to a diverse audience
- Coordinate Chubb and Vendor resources to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Think independently and creatively to streamline work and root out inefficiencies.
- Find opportunities to increase speed and quality of output. Must be able to articulate ideas and turn those ideas into new capabilities, performance improvements, quality improvements, etc.
- Strong scripting/SQL skills to perform data/file validation, analysis, profiling etc.
- Expert Informatica skills required.
- Either DB2 or Netezza experience required. Must have worked on ETL efforts in one of these environments with a preference to Netezza.
- Must have an ability to read, understand, and interpret Data Models
- Strong background in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence environment working with large data sets.
- Strong collaboration with management, peers, and external teams
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, with experience coordinating ETL work with an onshore/offshore vendor team. Must be able to clearly communicate.
- Experience mentoring and leading junior developers, especially in an onshore/offshore model.
- Flexibility to manage work schedule as needed to support onshore/offshore model.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills. Applies technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to create and maintain documentation (ETL designs, technical specs, test cases, test results, project status, deployment plans, etc.)
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years in software development and/or IT
- Certification in required technologies a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on ETL Development/technical leadership on a large scale DW initiative
- Understanding of insurance information data/information needs/analytics desired
Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
Associated topics: data administrator, data architect, data center, data integrity, data manager, data scientist, database, etl, mongo database, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...