- Burton Snowboards
- $46,480.00 -67,780.00/year*
30 Sunset Ct
As a part of our Technical Design / Softgoods Product Team, you will work with our design and product development teams to develop fit from the initial stages through to production, including working from the initial design sketch through the preparation of construction specs and the development of detailed technical fit packages.
You will possess a demonstrated ability to conduct fittings on live models as well as on fit forms. You will be responsible for resolving fit issues in conducting fit sessions while providing insight, feedback and resolution to the design and product teams.
What You Get to Do:
* Develop and update the technical specifications to complete the design tech packs. Assist design in putting together tech packs for proto development and publish tech packs.
* Maintain fit blocks. Create new and update as required for all styles.
* Collaborate with product and design teams, understand the vision and provide technical expertise, by foreseeing problems and offering alternatives to the design team without compromising the look.
* Review proto samples, design and fit intent and patterns and suggest adjustments as necessary.
* Critique samples before a fit session ensuring all set requirements have been met. Come prepared to fittings with all related information from the previous fitting, i.e. fit comments, sample, etc.
* Conduct fittings, pinning the garment, resolving any fit issues and demonstrating to the design/product teams that the corrections being applied will result in the desired look.
* Create patterns and apply necessary corrections to reflect the adjustments reviewed during fittings.
* Communicate with the offshore offices and suppliers on all technical issues, providing technical expertise on how to correct or achieve the desired look and giving detailed feedback on samples. Ensure that there is a correlation between the correction requested and the final spec.
* Review grading, making sure proportions are maintained throughout the size range, making adjustments when necessary for smaller or larger sizes. Update and release graded specs upon garment approval.
* Travel when required to fit product with offshore office and suppliers. Visit suppliers and work with pattern makers and technical staff to make sure that requirements are understood.
* Manage the development calendar and surface any deadline issues that may result in not meeting set deadlines. Prioritize workload based on production timeline and deliverables.
* Schedule appropriate fit models for fittings.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
* A Bachelor's Degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience.
* Experience in Technical Design, pattern making, garment construction, and fitting experience.
* Experience with taped seam garments, insulation, and technical fabrics.
* Have an aesthetic sense and an eye for proportions and scale.
* Extremely detail oriented, with strong organizational capabilities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment.
* Possess the ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
* Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Lectra or, equivalent
* This position requires domestic and international travel.
Associated topics: cutter, draper, dresses, garment, pattern, patternmaker, sewer, sweaters, texture, woven
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...