Reporting to the National Accounts Director (NAD) for UnitedHealth Group (UHG), the National Account Senior Manager acts as a member of the UHG Account Team accountable for supporting the NAD in business development, field sales coordination, pull through, account analytics, and interface with OCT AMs.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a matrix environment across internal teams' Marketing, Sr. Management, National Account team, Sales RSDs and OCT Senior Leadership.
This is a field position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
This is a field based position with responsibility for 3 days field based work per week; 4-6 days per month of home office based work.
* Account Management * Develop advanced concepts and techniques, solve very complex problems requiring high degree of ingenuity or innovation, work objectives are self-initiated, errors have major impact. * Conduct briefings and technical meetings for UnitedHealth Lead, internal leadership and external management * Develop business rationale and programs that enable pull-through of Amgen programs to achieve sales objectives. * Key Accounts: UHG Enterprise (UnitedHealthcare, OptumRx, BriovaRx) * Develop and execute account specific plan, eg. Establish reimbursement coverage/access for Amgen products within payer community. * Maintain and grow key executive relationships within customer base. * Drive national & regional account sales by providing strategic direction to field sales organization to achieve established sales objective. * Analyze sales results and identify growth opportunities. * Input into the development of the POA in conjunction with customer marketing. * Communicate business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis to senior management; integrate corporate/marketing strategies into the organizational plan and structure; participate in the formulation of brand strategic plans and vision setting; assist in policy formulation and interpret policy and programs for dissemination to field sales organization.
* Contract Management * Represent Amgen as internal and external contact on contracts and relationships with key UnitedHealth Group subsidiaries and downstream clients. * Design, negotiate, and measure contract(s) performance and proposal drafting to ensure optimal access, coverage, and reimbursement. * Fiscal management of pricing and contract management.
* Marketing Partnership * Coordinate with US V&A Segment Marketing and Brand Marketing to develop customer specific value added programs. * Input, design, execute, and measure customer specific marketing programs.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of sales experience
Master's degree and 4 years of sales experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of sales experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of sales experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales experience
* 3+ years of payer account management experience strongly preferred * 5 + years healthcare product sales experience preferred * Knowledge and relationships with Managed Care market segmentation and product reimbursements, as well as, knowledge of medical and pharmacy reimbursement and impact to Amgen portfolio strongly preferred. * Knowledge of UnitedHealth Group portfolio of companies, business and relationships strongly preferred * Experience and knowledge in working with large Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Part B, C, and D, as well as Public and Private Payors across a portfolio of products and therapeutic areas strongly preferred * Corporate Accounts/Multiple Segment experience (e.g., NAD, PBM, etc.) * Experience in Account Management sales preferred * Ability to develop and maintain long-term strategic partnerships with key customers by integrating mutual resources to achieve optimal outcomes * Consistent record of achieving revenue target preferred * Ability to effectively implement change initiatives * Strong proven record of developing collaborative business relationships and building strong teams. * Team leader with proven success in inspiring and leading cross-functional business initiatives preferred
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.